We’re Hiring! – Service Delivery Manager
April 10th, 2019 Blog, News, Work for us
Tagged in —
Service Delivery Manager – Negotiable salary depending on experience, with an exceptional benefits package, opportunities for progression and a great place to work
- 22 days holiday, plus your birthday off and one day extra for every year of company service
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Free access to our company Perkbox system (100’s of free benefits including gym membership, restaurant vouchers, cinema tickets, mobile insurance, shipping discounts, etc.)
- Individual training budget for every employee
- Great social culture, regular staff events, energetic and motivated atmosphere
The role – what we’re looking for
As Service Delivery Manager, this challenging, hands-on role requires a self-starter with a passion for customer service and the ability to develop and manage a strong team. You will be part of the Senior Management Team, reporting to the Company Directors and will be responsible for developing the Service Desk into an award winning team. This role will involve a lot of stakeholder communication and management, both internally with other departments and externally with customers, suppliers and other technology vendors.
The person – who we’re looking for
The person we are looking for should have excellent people management skills and be a strong communicator and organiser. A passion for technology and problem solving would suit the person in this role, as they combine the two to consistently deliver amazing IT service both internally and to every customer. Creating and managing processes will be a key part of this role, so the person in it needs to have a strong ability to analyse existing/inefficient processes and provide new creative solutions and processes.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of engineers, a support team and a project management team. Including:
- Defining roles and setting objectives
- Mentoring, guiding and evaluating staff performance and providing feedback
- Ensuring staff adhere to agreed policies and standards
- Rota management
- Ensuring the continuation of IT skills knowledge within the team identifying skills gaps and planning training to ensure this.
- Managing the Team Lead in overseeing the service desk ticket allocation, ensuring all tickets are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Develop existing and introduce new service desk framework including processes and standards that are aligned with industry best practices
- Working with employees to ensure that they are fully enabled and trained to follow the agreed processes and standards
- Monitor workloads and incidents to ensure all are progressed according to the agreed customer and internal priorities and timescales
- Ensure documentation is maintained to agreed standards
We’re a rapidly growing business so we’re looking for individuals who naturally seek out improvements in all aspects of their department. The role will be responsible for:
- Developing and improving a Service Desk Framework ensuring all service desk processes deliver exceptional customer experience
- Grow the engineering, support and project management teams with training plans and recruitment being key
- Where appropriate develop and maintain the service desk systems and wiki’s to ensure they capture and report the information required by the business
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 5 or more years’ experience as a Service Desk supervisor or manager working within an ISP/Managed service provider
- Have knowledge of networking and customer infrastructure solutions. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable with WAN and Internet technologies including Cisco, IP routing and switching.
- Have experience working with customers to a c-suite level, understanding the complexities that are involved in a fully scalable managed service solution.
- Be passionate about customer service excellence
- Be process driven with a keen eye for detail
Why work for us?
Backbone Connect are one of the fastest growing technology companies of our type in the UK. We’ve succeeded in a competitive industry by being different. Different in the way we treat our customers, different in the way we build our culture. Different in the way we recruit for our most important resource, our staff.
We focus on recruiting and developing the best people possible in all positions. Our company culture is to be ‘Better than Best Practice’ in everything we do. This means constantly working to support the growth and development of our staff and ensuring that we are always doing everything possible to provide a fantastic working environment.
So what does that look like to our staff? It means offering competitive employment packages, with benefits that extend beyond everyone else’s ‘standard’ offering. It means being an accredited Investor In People, providing individual training budgets for staff and progression plans that help them build a career, not just a job. It’s offering the little things that make a big difference, like a benefits system that gives staff discounted life essentials such as gym memberships, mobile phone insurance, restaurants and shopping.
Share this article