We’re Hiring! – Senior Network Engineer
June 26th, 2019 Blog, News, Work for us
Tagged in —
Senior Network Engineer – Competitive with an exceptional benefits package, opportunities for progression and a great place to work
- 22 days holiday, plus your birthday off and one day extra for every year of company service
- Private healthcare
- Mobile phone
- Company pension scheme
- Free access to our company Perkbox system (100’s of free benefits including discounted gym membership, restaurant vouchers, cinema tickets, mobile insurance, shopping discounts, etc.)
- Individual training budget for every employee
- Great social culture, regular staff events, energetic and motivated atmosphere
The role – what we’re looking for
At Backbone Connect we have built a business around successful, focused and fun delivery teams. We believe that to be successful in the IT industry, you have to be smart, disruptive and agile, and our team is just that.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer with a background preferably in the Telco/IT industry with knowledge of end to end connectivity solutions and services, including networking, datacentres, and cloud solutions reporting to the Backbone Connect Service Delivery Manager.
You will be part of a highly customer focused team, interacting and liaising constantly with customers, carriers/suppliers, our project managers, sales team and service desk, to deliver and enhance the full lifecycle of our solutions to a number of customers.
Ideal technical skill-set and experience:
- CCNA Routing & Switching (required)
- CCNP Data Centre (required)
- CMNA Cisco and Meraki Wi-Fi
- CCIE Security
- Cisco Switches Catalyst and Nexus
- Cisco ASA, FirePOWER
- Network Monitoring Tools (Preferably Castle Rock and PRTG)
- Experience with Cisco VPN systems (including site to site and client to site connectivity), WAN implementation and optimization technology, security standards and best practices, and network trouble shooting, packet captures, and analysis.
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals and routing protocols, QoS, VoIP, BGP, and EIGRP.
- Have a working knowledge of LAN/WAN/WLAN technology and Firewalls/VPN including dynamic routing protocols (OSPF particularly), next-gen firewalls, DHCP servers, and Load Balancers.
- Other firewall technologies Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortigate, Check Point etc…
- Ideally experience configuring and supporting Cisco network solutions in a service provider environment
- Experience of ethernet and ADSL WAN technologies for Internet access and WAN connectivity
- Knowledge of TACAC+, and RADIUS authentication integration
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems. (desirable)
- Ability to confidently script in either Shell and/or Python. (desirable)
- Virtualisation/Cloud experience. (desirable)
Ideal personal skill-set and experience:
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral across all levels (Technical and non technical)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- A positive, can do attitude, willing to go the extra mile.
- Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
- Willing to work extra hours as needed (including late nights and weekends)
This is a key role in the organization, as a Senior Network Engineer the core areas you will be responsible for:
- Designing, building and working with customers to deliver their solutions.
- Support and plan the core Backbone Connect Network.
- Mentor and support the other engineers and Service Desk.
- Delivering technical training to NOC engineers.
- Acting as a 3rd/4th line technical escalation point for other engineers.
- Help to introduce Industry best practice to the Network Operations centre and align processes to ITIL frame work.
- Implementing changes on live services as per change request process.
- Lead on Problem management investigations.
- Provide new and updated documentation and knowledge articles.
- Respond to incidents and alerts and provide out of hours technical support as required.
Why work for us?
Backbone Connect are one of the fastest growing technology companies of our type in the UK. We’ve succeeded in a competitive industry by being different. Different in the way we treat our customers, different in the way we build our culture. Different in the way we recruit for our most important resource, our staff.
We focus on recruiting and developing the best people possible in all positions. Our company culture is to be ‘Better than Best Practice’ in everything we do. This means constantly working to support the growth and development of our staff and ensuring that we are always doing everything possible to provide a fantastic working environment.
So what does that look like to our staff? It means offering competitive employment packages, with benefits that extend beyond everyone else’s ‘standard’ offering. It means being an accredited Investor In People, providing individual training budgets for staff and progression plans that help them build a career, not just a job. It’s offering the little things that make a big difference, like a benefits system that gives staff discounted life essentials such as gym memberships, mobile phone insurance, restaurants and shopping.
To apply for this role, send your cv and a covering letter to email@example.com
Share this article