We’re Hiring! – Network Engineer
April 10th, 2019 Blog, News, Work for us
Tagged in —
Network Engineer – Negotiable salary depending on experience, with an exceptional benefits package, opportunities for progression and a great place to work
- 22 days holiday, plus your birthday off and one day extra for every year of company service
- Private healthcare
- Mobile phone
- Company pension scheme
- Free access to our company Perkbox system (100’s of free benefits including discounted gym membership, restaurant vouchers, cinema tickets, mobile insurance, shopping discounts, etc.)
- Individual training budget for every employee
- Great social culture, regular staff events, energetic and motivated atmosphere
The role – what we’re looking for
At Backbone Connect we have built a business around successful, focused and fun delivery teams. We believe that to be successful in the IT industry, you have to be smart, disruptive and agile, and our team is just that.
We are looking to recruit a Network Engineer with a background preferably in the Telco/IT industry with knowledge of end to end connectivity solutions and services, including networking, datacentres, and cloud solutions reporting to the Backbone Connect Service Delivery Manager.
You will be part of a highly customer focused team, interacting and liaising constantly with carriers/suppliers, our Project Managers, sales team and service desk, to deliver and enhance the full lifecycle of our connectivity solution to a number of customers.
Ideal skill-set and experience
- Experience configuring and supporting Cisco network solutions in a service provider environment
- Experience configuring Cisco routers (IOS and IOS-XR), multi-layer switches
- Experience of ethernet and ADSL WAN technologies for Internet access and WAN connectivity
- Good understanding of IP subnetting, vlan, HSRP and STP concepts
- Intermediate Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols with emphasis on BGP and static routing
- Exposure to or familiarity with MPLS L3 & L2 VPN
- Familiar with SNMP-based network monitoring platforms (PRTG, Solarwinds)
- Cisco CCNP/CCNA certification in relevant disciplines
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- Experience configuring and supporting Cisco wireless solutions (including Meraki and WLAN controllers)
- Experience configuring and supporting Cisco next-gen Firewalls including (Firepower, ACLs, NAT rules, VPNs)
- Familiar with infrastructure services such as – DHCP, DNS, AD and automated backup solutions
- Ability to follow an implementation design
- Beneficial to have knowledge of 4G solutions
- Beneficial to have exposure to multivendor network equipment including: Fortinet, DrayTek, Dell and HP
- Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving
- Datacentre connectivity knowledge around co-location space as a provider is also beneficial
This is a key role in the organisation, as a Network Engineer the core areas you will be responsible for:
- Undertake customer projects – Design and configuration of customer solutions
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting network faults
- Liaising with carriers and suppliers for fault resolution
- Acting as a technical escalation point for Service Desk engineers
- Implementing changes on live services as per change request process
Why work for us?
Backbone Connect are one of the fastest growing technology companies of our type in the UK. We’ve succeeded in a competitive industry by being different. Different in the way we treat our customers, different in the way we build our culture. Different in the way we recruit for our most important resource, our staff.
We focus on recruiting and developing the best people possible in all positions. Our company culture is to be ‘Better than Best Practise’ in everything we do. This means constantly working to support the growth and development of our staff and ensuring that we are always doing everything possible to provide a fantastic working environment.
So what does that look like to our staff? It means offering competitive employment packages, with benefits that extend beyond everyone else’s ‘standard’ offering. It means being an accredited Investor In People, providing individual training budgets for staff and progression plans that help them build a career, not just a job. It’s offering the little things that make a big difference, like a benefits system that gives staff discounted life essentials such as gym memberships, mobile phone insurance, restaurants and shopping.
To apply for this role, send your cv and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this article