We’re Hiring – Associate Solutions Consultant
May 3rd, 2018 Blog, News, Work for us
Tagged in — Work for us
Associate Solutions Consultant – £30,000 with an exceptional benefits package, opportunities for progression and a great place to work.
- 22 days holiday, plus your birthday off and one day extra for every year of company service
- Private healthcare
- Mobile phone
- Company pension scheme
- Free access to our company Perkbox system (100’s of free benefits including discounted gym membership, restaurant vouchers, cinema tickets, mobile insurance, shopping discounts, etc.)
- Individual training budget for every employee
- Great social culture, regular staff events, energetic and motivated atmosphere
The role – what we’re looking for
At Backbone Connect we have built a business around successful, focused and fun delivery teams. We believe that to be successful in the IT industry, you have to be smart, disruptive and agile, and our team is just that.
We are looking to recruit an Associate Solutions Consultant with a qualification and/or background in preferably the Telco/IT industry with knowledge of end to end connectivity solutions and services, including networking, datacentres, and cloud solutions reporting to the Backbone Connect Solutions Manager.
Ideal skill-set and experience:
- Completed degree or equivalent in Networking or IT Security-related subject
- Placement year or work experience (1 – 2 years) in the Telecommunications, IT or Cloud industry
- CCNA qualified or similar vendor certification)
- Wide Area and Local Area Network (WAN & LAN) understanding including
- Routing and switching
- MPLS, IP Networking, Routing Protocols, BGP, HSRP / VRRP
- Securing Internet solutions (Perimeter and UTM firewalls)
- Wired and wireless LAN
- Access connectivity technologies (e.g. broadband, leased lines, ethernet)
- You will also have exposure to or an understanding of:
- Server virtualisation
- Data Centres
- Private & Public Cloud architecture
- Good understanding of MPLS networks and QoS
Ideal skill-set and experience:
- A friendly, customer-facing personality
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
- A positive, can do attitude
As our team grows, and we deliver increasingly large and complex solutions, the Associate Solutions Consultant will be responsible for supporting the Solutions Manager and Sales Team in:
- Providing internal technical design advice to the sales team
- Supporting customer engagements – meetings and conference calls
- Technically validating non-standard solutions
- Producing solution diagrams and high-level descriptions for customer-facing proposal documentation
- Briefing the Project Managers and Service Delivery teams as part of the solution handover
Why work for us?
Backbone Connect are one of the fastest growing technology companies of our type in the UK. We’ve succeeded in a competitive industry by being different. Different in the way we treat our customers, different in the way we build our culture. Different in the way we recruit for our most important resource, our staff.
We focus on recruiting and developing the best people possible in all positions. Our company culture is to be ‘Better than Best Practice’ in everything we do. This means constantly working to support the growth and development of our staff and ensuring that we are always doing everything possible to provide a fantastic working environment.
So what does that look like to our staff? It means offering competitive employment packages, with benefits that extend beyond everyone else’s ‘standard’ offering. It means being an accredited Investor In People, providing individual training budgets for staff and progression plans that help them build a career, not just a job. It’s offering the little things that make a big difference, like a benefits system that gives staff discounted life essentials such as gym memberships, mobile phone insurance, restaurants and shopping.
To apply for this role, send your cv and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this article